2. The information we collect We will only collect personal and sensitive information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide you with, or directly related to, the functions that we offer on our Site, and the services that you have requested from us. We collect personal and sensitive information from you when you interact with the Site, which could include when you register with us and use the features available once you are registered. The personal and sensitive information which Progress Electrical Contractors collects may include, without limitation, your name, postal address, email, telephone number, credit card details, payment details, the details of any products you purchase through the Site, any donations you make, or any other information necessary to provide the functions and services requested. Progress Electrical Contractors will collect personal and sensitive information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Progress Electrical Contractors may collect the personal and sensitive information directly from you, or alternatively from third parties (such as charities or payment providers) with whom you interact with or via the Site. When you access our Site via a browser or application, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
3. How we use your information We will only use your personal and sensitive information for the provision of our goods and services to you, and for any other purpose which we state at the time of the collection, as permitted by law and/or as required to provide the functions and services you request. Such use may include the provision of your information to attendees at events, to event holders or to charities to whom you make donations. We may also use the information you provide to engage in marketing. If we do use the information you provide in this manner then it is done in aggregate and on a purely anonymous basis with your personal and sensitive information removed. We will not use any sensitive information that you provide to us for this purpose without first obtaining your consent. You can opt out of marketing activities at any time. We may also collect information about you and how you interact with our Site, by using or storing “cookies” on your computer. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time via your internet browser. However doing so may limit your use of some of the Site’s features. Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
4. Content Please remember that any information that you post in our public forums and any social media interfaces is public information and will not be treated as confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are online.
5. Sharing your information We will only disclose your personal and sensitive information in the following circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- To third parties where necessary for us to provide our services to you, or where you have expressly asked us to do so for the purposes of them or us providing further services. These third parties may include, without limitation, banks and payment processors.
- To third parties from whom you use our services to purchase the third parties’ goods and services. These third parties could include event organisers, charity fundraisers, clubs (including sporting clubs), national sporting bodies and other associations. You should ensure that at the time you purchase goods or services from these third parties, that you are familiar with their privacy policies in relation to the use, storage and disclosure of your personal and sensitive information.
- To our related bodies corporate, and their respective directors, officers, agents, and employees for the purpose of processing personal and sensitive information on our behalf.
- We may from time to time engage service providers to help us deliver our services to you. These service providers may be located in Australia and/or overseas. In these instances, we may disclose your personal and sensitive information to these third parties in order to help deliver services to you.
- To a third party data storage provider as part of the storage of your personal, sensitive or protected information on the Site on servers located within Australia.
- To comply with any law enforcement agency, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process in any jurisdiction that is investigating any breach or suspected breach of any law in any jurisdiction regarding your identity or other personal and sensitive information provided by you to us.
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our agreements with you or any rights we have, including investigation of potential violations, or to detect, prevent, or investigate a matter relating to security, fraud or other technical issues.
- Where disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect Progress Electrical Contractors rights or intellectual property or to protect the safety of Progress Electrical Contractors’s employees, users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Where we are otherwise permitted by law to disclose your personal and sensitive information.
6. How you may access your information We provide you with easy access to the personal and sensitive information we hold about you. You may change and access certain parts of your personal and sensitive information (such as your contact details) via our Site. Copies of other personal and sensitive information which we hold may be reasonably requested by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us in Australia on 0415 106 994. We may charge you a reasonable fee for complying with any such request. We may refuse, in our sole discretion, to provide you access to your personal and sensitive information which we hold, where such refusal is permitted by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the Privacy Principles or any other law. If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the link on the emails we send you, or informing us and we will do it for you.
7. How we protect your information We will act to protect your personal and sensitive information in accordance with the Privacy Principles. We are committed to keeping the personal and sensitive information you provide to us secure. We take all reasonable precautions to protect the personal and sensitive information we hold about you from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While we take all due care in ensuring the privacy and security of your personal and sensitive information, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully intercepted while in transit over the internet or while stored on our systems or on our website. We disclaim all liability to you to the greatest extent pursuant to law should this occur. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal and sensitive information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was disclosed.
9. Quality & Correction of Personal and Sensitive Information It is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal, sensitive and protected information to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you. Progress Electrical Contractors will take reasonable steps to correct your personal and sensitive information if we are satisfied that your personal and sensitive information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions to your personal and sensitive information.
11. Contacting us
Alternatively, any person may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner may be contacted on
Tel: 1300 363 992
or postal address at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001 or online at: www.oaic.gov.au.